Proving my theory that housework is dangerous, I managed to trip over the dog while mopping and break my foot. One surgery and four months later, I'm about ready to give up the cane and fancy supportive boot and go barefoot again. And I can hardly wait!
While it may seem ideal for a writer to be stuck in a recliner for a couple of months, it's not so for me. I need contact with people, interaction with the world, to create my imaginary people and their particular worlds. And while I've mastered some skills, like driving one of those motorized shopping carts, I am so ready to strike out on my own again. So here are some of the things I'm most looking forward to:
* Taking a bath instead of using a stupid shower chair.
* Shopping in any store, not just small ones.
* Cooking at the stove instead of just using the microwave.
* Going up and down the steps to my bedroom with ease.
* Finally retiring the cane, walker and wheelchair.
And, most of all, being able to drive to my favorite coffee place, settle in at a back table and write, write, write!